Many people have been in an uproar over the fact that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has supporters. Mainstream media paints these supporters as mindless fangirls driven by hormones and a lack of good judgement in their support of this ‘monster’. However, this is not an accurate portrait of the people who support this 19 year old who has been accused of a horrendous crime. Note I say accused. The presumption of innocence seems to go out the window the minute a bomb is dropped into the mix, especially a bomb that kills an eight year old boy. People have reacted with fear and outrage, with mainstream media fuelling the furor with its persistent portrayal of the accused as a ‘bomber’, a ‘monster’ and someone who has ’caused so much hurt’.
Why, then, would anyone support this monster? Yes, there are fan girls, but they are few amongst supporters. The main body of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s supporters are motivated by something more substantial than volatile teen hormones. The fact is, throughout the bombing aftermath and subsequent investigation (if it can be called that), many questions were raised through the inconsistencies in the official narrative. In fact, the official story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese and it’s these lingering questions that fuel supporters in their push for truth and justice. Let’s take a look at some of these inconsistencies:
* The bag that the accused is carrying in CCTV images is a light grey backpack with black trim on the straps. According to the indictment, the bombs were concealed and planted in black backpacks.
* There is no indication that Dzohkhar Tsarnaev ever displayed any behavior or attitudes normally associated with ‘radical terrorists’. On the contrary, his tweets reveal a normal, thoughtful, compassionate and intelligent teen.
* The FBI state that the accused placed a bag containing the bomb behind a tree, just near Martin Richard. Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJn6kz-nDhA and photos of the second blast site seem to indicate that the blast in fact originated in or near the mail box situated in front of the Forum restaurant. Smoke can be seen coming from the mail box, the front of which was blown off onto fencing around the restaurant.
* Tsarnaev was in possession of fireworks and had published pictures of himself and friends letting off fireworks. The powder used in the bombings was black according to the FBI. The powder in Dhjokhar Tsarnaev’s fireworks was red. The amount of fireworks he and his brother are alleged to have bought would not be enough to detonate two bombs, much less make any more. In a statement regarding the use of fireworks, the Executive Director of the American Pyrotechnics Association (APA), Julie Heckman, states ” The total amount of pyrotechnic composition in two such unopened kits would be considerably less than the amount of explosive material believed to have been used in Boston” as well as pointing out that “it would be extremely time consuming and dangerous to disassemble the shells to collect the minute amount of pyrotechnic composition in each shell.” http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/american-pyrotechnics-association-offers-information-regarding-fireworks-devices-implicated-in-boston-bombing-investigation-204782871.html
* Early witness reports recounted ‘drill announcements’ at the marathon. This, in conjunction with the presence of special ops, bomb squad and FEMA representatives, has caused many people to ask if a drill was in progress or was to be carried out at the Marathon. Officials denied any drill and questions about a drill at a subsequent press conference were ignored. It has since been revealed that a drill was planned that closely resembles events at the marathon. http://truthstreammedia.com/homeland-security-admits-boston-drill-eerily-similar-to-marathon-bombing/
* The FBI initially asked for help in identifying the Tsarnaev brothers. Later, the FBI was forced to admit that Tamerlan Tsarnaev was known to them. According to Zubiedat Tsarnaeva, the FBI were monitoring her eldest son for 3-5 years. The FBI currently refuse to answer any questions in the inquiry into their handling of the bombing and their failure to recognise the suspect. After their pictures were released, the public was told to focus only on the pictures of those particular suspects and to disregard any other possible suspects, including a woman photographed at the second blast placing a brown bag on top of a white bag that could very well have contained a pressure cooker. It appears this same woman can also be seen in front of the mail box at the same time that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was photographed behind the tree near Martin Richard.
* After the bombing, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev returned to his dorm room and behaved no differently to usual. At around 5pm he tweeted “Ain’t no love in the heart of the city. Stay safe people.” Neither he or his brother made any attempt to leave Boston or go into hiding in the days immediately after the bombing and before the release of their photos to the media as suspects.
* According to his parents, Tamerlan Tsarnaev was contacted by the FBI on around the 18th April, just before the pictures of them as suspects were released. http://www.channel4.com/news/boston-bombings-questions-raised-by-telephone-call-claim
* Carjacking witness ‘Danny’ was first described by Tarek Ahmed, the Mobil gas station attendant to whom Danny fled for help, as a white guy. Later of course, this description was changed to Asian. ‘Danny’s account of events varies according to which interview you listen to. After driving around for 90 minutes, Danny claimed in one interview to have been ‘set free’ by the brothers. In another, he claimed that Tamerlan Tsarnaev got out to pump gas and he made his escape. In yet another version, Danny flees his captors when Tamerlan puts his gun in the door holder and starts playing with the GPS. CCTV footage shows Dzhokhar Tsarnaev leaving the Shell gas station with Tamerlan just outside the door. Also outside and behind the door is a mystery man with his back to the brothers. It’s highly likely that this man witnessed events surrounding Danny’s ‘escape’ but we’ve heard nothing in that regard.
* Footage shot at the Watertown shoot out seems to indicate that the Tsarnaev brothers attempted to give themselves up, shouting “We give up, chill out, we didn’t do it”. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3J3HhfiQB4 Other footage shows a man, possibly Tamerlan Tsarnaev, being cuffed on the pavement. He shouts out “podstavili, ja prisol y padstavili” (it is set up, I came and I was set up) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKh7CQwk1wI
* There are ties between the Tsarnaev brothers and the CIA. Uncle Ruslan, who was so vocal in his condemnation of his nephews, was married to the daughter of high ranking CIA operative Graham Fuller. Predictably, Fuller claims any link between himself and Ruslan Tsarnaev is ‘absurd’. http://backchannel.al-monitor.com/index.php/2013/04/5090/former-cia-officer-absurd-to-link-uncle-of-boston-suspects-agency-over-daughters-brief-marriage/Graham Fuller is not the only CIA connection to the brothers. Dzhokhar’s english teacher, Scott Matteo, gave his student a project and a contact for information. The contact was one Brian Glyn Williams, who is by his own account a leading expert on the Caucasus region. Williams is a professor of Islamic studies at the University of Massachusetts and is a regular contributor to Huffington Post. William’s course focuses on Muslims in the Caucasus and is entitled “Fire and Sword in the Caucasus” http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1N0OIKAgLkYJ:www.brianglynwilliams.com/pdfs/Chechen%2520syllabus%2520MWF%2http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1N0OIKAgLkYJ:www.brianglynwilliams.com/pdfs/Chechen%2520syllabus%2520MWF%25202009.pdf+Brian+Glyn+Williams+syllabus+online&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us5202009.pdf+Brian+Glyn+Williams+syllabus+online&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us.
According to the blurb on one of his books, Williams “traveled extensively in the Pashtun tribal areas while working for the U.S. military and the CIA”. Brian Glyn Williams says he only contacted Dzohkhar Tsarnaev by email a couple of times. Of course, this means he could have sent Tsarnaev material which the teen downloaded onto his computer. http://tracesofreality.com/2013/05/10/the-tsarnaevs-and-the-cia-part-2-who-is-brian-glyn-williams/
* The boat shootout was broadcast by police and media as a fire fight between police and the suspect. It seems the police were intent on killing Dzhokhar Tsarnaev until an FBI order was given to hold fire. It turns out the 19 year old was completely unarmed and injured and did not take part in any exchange of fire with the police. The boat note was a dubious addition to the FBI ‘evidence’ after their early attempt at interrogation was stopped by Judge Marion Bowler, who literally interrupted questioning to read Tsarnaev his Miranda rights and to appoint him a lawyer, which he’d requested several times during questioning.
These are just some of the questions and concerns that motivate supporters of this young man who stands accused of a terrible atrocity. The mainstream media has already found him guilty, resulting in a public that also accepts his guilt without question. Supporters of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev believe there is more to the story. Certainly, the FBI has a history of recruitment and entrapment. http://www.globalresearch.ca/was-tamerlan-tsarnaev-a-double-agent-recruited-by-the-fbi/5340214 Did they try to recruit the Tsarnaev brothers? Was this a govt set up? Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s supporters say podstava! They may be right, or they may be wrong, but with all the discrepancies and holes in this narrative, they most certainly have the right to question the official line and express their support for a teenage boy who, by law, should be considered innocent until proven guilty.